Interview: Rabid Hood
Interview: Rabid Hood
Text: Andrew Dex
Website: Rabid Hood
Roger Olsen – Vocals
Steinar Aven – Guitars
Noralf Venås – Guitars
Terje Martinussen – Drums
Sveinung Igland – Bass
1. Who is answering the questions?
Roger Olsen vocalist
2. What do you want your latest release to do for the representation of your band/project?
We want the latest release to reach as many people as possible and show what we are capable of and what we have achieved. Hope our music will fall in good taste with both new and old heavy rockers that is our goal.
3. How would you say that the sound of your band/project has changed since you first started out?
Well of everything we have produced before, this is the best we have made,we have been pushing for many years in different bands and have learned and developed a lot and we’ve taken that into Rabid Hood I think the music speaks for itself.
4. Touring wise, what are you up to this year, and how excited are you to have live shows back?
Our first festival is now in August and we are planning a small tour in Europe afterwards there are some things that need to be in place first, and we are very happy that live shows have reopened.
5. Can you tell us your best memory from a live show/or day on the road?
It was one year we were going on tour in the Netherlands and our flight from Copenhagen to Amsterdam was canceled and we had to take a bus for 12 hours throughout the night to catch the first concert, without sleep and no beds on the bus it was tiring but it went well luckily.
6. Tough question time. What song do you really look forward to playing live in your set at the moment, and why?
I think Spiteful is the song I am most proud of and look forward to play live, leadgitar Noralf’s solo is truly a masterpiece. The production and performance of the song I am really proud of so I’m looking forward to it.
7. How does a song normally come together for the band/project?
Aven writes the songs on guitar, and i make lyrics and melody to it and then comes the bassist and lead guitar. It`s about what ever comes first in our minds and it works very well and again it has a lot to do with what lies in the subconscious.
8. What themes & inspirations really influence your music?
We were all born in the 70’s so we like what we grew up with … like Motorhead, AC / DC, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc and we always wanted to be like them. So I think it has probably affected us as a band more than we think but thats how it is.
9. What do you want the listener to take away from listening to your band/project?
I want them to feel on top of the world after experiencing Rabid Hood and be left with an impression they will never forget.
10. What else can we expect to see from your band/project in 2022, and what do you really hope to accomplish?
We are a bunch of experienced musicians who loves music and has a lot of fun writing and performing music together, some of us have known each other for a long time. A new album is youst around the corner and we have big ambitions to get out there and play our music in front of live audience as much as we can, and we want to try to make Rabid Hood a hard hitting hard rock band that people notices and talks about, and I hope we will achieve that in this crazy music world we live in LoL. And that is our modest goal.